FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When gathering for workshops, do CantoMundo faculty and fellows critique each fellows' poetry?
No, poetry is not critiqued at the CantoMundo retreat workshops. Accepted fellows participate in two workshops, one with each faculty member. Also, the workshops are generative.
2. Does applying to CantoMundo guarantee admission?
Admission to CantoMundo is granted through a competitive process. The pool of applicants changes each year so if you are not admitted the first time you apply, we encourage you to resubmit in subsequent years.
3. Who reviews the applications for admittance to CantoMundo?
The applications are reviewed by X, Y, AND Z.
4. For my application to CantoMundo, what type of poetry should I submit?
We recommend sending your best work.
5. How much does it cost to participate in CantoMundo?
When you are accepted to CantoMundo, you must cover your travel to Tucson, Arizona, housing, and meals during the four-day retreat.